Translate

Search This Blog

I really do love the rain

It is hard to describe how much I have enjoyed the last couple of days... of rain... I live in the country, so I get the 'country' look of scenery, storms, nature, you name it. To sit here on my couch and look out my living room windows into my fenced front yard and see the colors changing, the leaves falling, the dogs coming in and out of view, all between the slats of my Venetian blinds that run vertically.

And then, the rain comes. Every leaf looks shiny from being wet, and they dance from the light caresses of drops. There's no Sun, so everything is the same tone, no shadows, again, hard to explain. The wind picks up and all of the sudden, there's a few less leaves on the tree in the front yard, my big Royal Empress tree with these leaves the size of, the size of what... the size of, oh, two dinner plates side by side, I guess... (Oh, and btw... I just did a Google search for the royal empress tree , and, awesome pics, especially of the leaves. Some of the photos show the leaves much much bigger that what my girl out front is currently producing.) IJS

Anyway, back to the rain, (it's a wonder I get anything done, I am so easily distracted) anyway, back to the rain, I love the overcast, grey sky that comes with it, such a pretty color. And dude, don't even get me started on dark and gloomy storm clouds... awesomeness... twice...

No comments: