Translate

Search This Blog

The Power of Kind Words

Proverbs 25:11
Welcome back my beautiful readers...

How often do we get just the right word at just the right time? A true friend can do just that, the right word at just the right time. I bring this up because it happened to me just last night, via a text with someone I have not seen in quite a while.

I first met her when I was a member at Weight Watchers. I was on a mission... loosing weight. She was a meeting leader. I faithfully went to the meetings, after all, ya don't have to be 'just' a Jehovah's Witness to be a faithful meeting attender. She had words of encouragement back then to help me keep going, even when I was having troubles.

Then, when I reached my goal weight, I went to work for Weight Watchers... and she became my co-worker, and still, she was always there to encourage me, because as those of you who have lost weight know, loosing it is easy, keeping it off is harder.

Proverbs 15:23
After some time, I quit my job at Weight Watchers, but she continued to keep in touch with me via text messages. And for over a year now, she has always encouraged me. And last night, she extra checked up on me. She has probably read my blog I sent her on how my health was really doing. I sent her that, as my health is way to complicated to try to explain in a text. And while I don't want to go into the details of what she said, I will share a bit of what she said to me, as it was so encouraging, and it was just the right word at just the right time, and... yes... it even brought me to tears... tears of comfort.

just the right word at just the right time
Sunday...

  • A) Hey Deb. Just thought I'd say hey and see how you're doing. I've been thinking of you today.
  • D) Same ol' same ol'. I am having trouble motivating myself to eat better. I'm over weight, having trouble getting activity in bcuz of my back. (Insert tearie emoji) And, running out of clothes that fit. Been frustrating. 
  • D) Thanks for ur concern. I miss being slimmer. I hope yer ok.
Monday...
  • A) Is your back improving? I know you must be terribly frustrated. You are so good at getting in your activity. You can get back in control if you're ready.
  • A) Just start with one meal at a time for on day at a time. You are such great inspiration. I know you can do it. This cold weather sure doesn't help me!
Proverbs 17:17
I tell ya what, I cried right then. It was... just the right word at just the right time. I hope that one day, I can be worthy of offering that type of encouragement to someone, because, we all need it from time to time.

Soo... it is at this time that I would like to say "Thank You" to Angela F. You really did give me the encouragement I needed. You're right, I can do it... I CAN DO IT!!! :-)


No comments: