Translate

Search This Blog

Taking 8 dogs to the Vet (don't freak out! don't freak out!)

So, yeah, yesterday...

Via text, this was my conversation with my husband,

D. Hey, is it in our budget to take also the 6 house rats over for shot updates? If not, I'll just take the two hounds.
P. How much?
D. 4everybody, probably not more than $250.00. That should include office visit, shots, flea treatment, and anything for the hounds' ears. But that's just a guess. (I was basing this estimate on previous visits.)
Antican
P. Guess so.

So, I loaded one more kennel into the vehicle. Loaded up the kids and over to the vet we went. Got there early, weird for me. Got everybody checked in. Antican, Choc, and Squirt first. Then we put
them inside a kennel in the back so I could leave the doors open for the rest of 'em in the vehicle.

Choc and Squirt
Next we took care of the three smaller ones, Data, For Sale and Bentley got shots. Doc just came out to the vehicle for that so we didn't have to try to carry them into the building. Normally, someone helps me carry the kennel with the kids inside.
For Sale






Then it's onto the hounds. Hunter first. She gets an exam cuz it's her first trip to the vet since we rescued her from a life of roaming the countryside emaciated. She's healthy. Of course, she needed additional attention as her ears are bothering her. She needed ear meds.
Hunter

Hangover (Front)
Barkley (Back)
Hangover next. OMGOODNESS, what a whimp. When Doc sticks him with the needle, he started yiping and carrying on. Doc looks up at me like 'I didn't do anything,' I reassured him with "It's ok, his a big baby." Medicine for his ears as well.


Load everybody up, PAY THE BILL, which, as they are swiping my credit card, I look at the doc and say "That was a... little... bit... more... than I was expecting." He agrees, and reasons that the Flea and Tick treatment alone is over $50 a pop per dog..." (three month treatment, BTW) AGREED!!! Let's head home.

Papa gets home. We exchange NOT SO pleasantries cuz the kids and I have been upset on account of two girls riding horses come through the property and up OUR road like they own the place even after I hollered at them and told them that this is MY property. Yep, they just kept on going up OUR road to the top of OUR hill, like, well... anyway.

So, the point of the story is coming up. I look at papa and says, "Don't freak out, don't freak out, we went to the vet, don't freak out, don't freak out, everybody got checked out, don't freak out, don't freak out, they got their shots, don't freak out, don't freak out, the hounds got their ears looked at, don't freak out, don't freak out, everybody is ok, don't freak out, don't freak out, and I paid the bill, don't freak out, don't freak out, $770.91, don't freak out, don't freak out.

THE END!!!

No comments: