Translate

Search This Blog

Online Shopping offered from Kroger! I'm Happy!

"Wow oh Wow. Easiest shopping I've ever done. This is a life saver as my health makes it difficult for me to grocery shop. I was using the electric wheel chairs to ease me through the store, but they are not always available. Now, I can get my shopping done. I am gunna sign my mom up as my son shops for her now, and his time is precious. This will help my mom and my son. And the site is easy to navigate. Easy to find my items. I also like the option to allow/not allow substitutions of items on my list, as some items on my list are non negotiable. I anticipate NO TROUBLES at all for my mom. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Even the Online Order Service Fee, which is $0.00 now, but $4.95 soon, is well worth it! Thanks again. Just another way Kroger has earned my shopping loyalty!"
photo from: wikipedia

That was my review of the Online Shopping from Kroger. Ever since I had heard about it on the news a couple of months ago, I had been looking forward to it. It was like, bam... all my shopping problems solved. I just kept looking forward to it. Waiting. Waiting. Why...???

Photo from: google search results
Well, for quite some time, my health has been failing. I didn't know what was wrong with me. It was just getting harder and harder for me to do things. It was more difficult to exercise, mowing was wearing me out, I had trouble with heavy things, then I would tire out more often, then it would be more painful to go shopping, then the pain would cause me to become dizzy and I was afraid to drive home, so I would wait in the parking lot, sometimes up to an hour, for it to pass, then, the pain got to be so much that I would have to have papa come get me and drive me home, once, he had to have our son bring him to me as I made it half way home and couldn't go no more. Then the pain got so bad that I had trouble pushing a shopping cart. Half way through the store and I couldn't go no more. Call papa again. Then having to admit I needed a wheelchair, only, they're not always available, or batteries charged. So... to avoid the pain, I stopped going shopping. Oh sure, people would offer to help me, but I was so scared to get into pain, that I didn't want to go. Then my health took another dip when I got to where it was getting harder and harder to breath. Exhausting. Then, when I couldn't even walk across the living room without gasping for air and feeling my heart just pounding in my chest, well, maybe I better go to the doctor... ya think???
photo from: wikipedia 

So, the last time I shopped at Kroger, no electric wheelchairs. I waited for one to become available. Nothing. Papa called me and said that if I wanted to start the shopping and couldn't make it through, he'd come get me. It was a small list, so I took a chance and tried it. I DID IT!!! But, oh no, I got the wrong thing, four times, and needed to do a return. So the next day, back into town I go. I park my vehicle over where the online shopper staging area is for order pickup when I see this:

Notice the car under the awning? Yep, they are in business. I asked a waiting customer as I was heading into the store to confirm, and yep, she was waiting on her order. I was so happy to hear it that I took a picture and posted it!!!

photo from: google search results
Now... I feel like I am on the road to recovery, but it is an up and down hill. I don't take pain meds for my back now unless I absolutely have to. And now that I have been diagnosed Anemic and am taking measures to get my hemoglobin levels up and taking Iron supplements, I feel like, for the first time in a long time, almost better. I even went for a short walk today, something I haven't been able to do in a long while. I still have the pain in my back from my degenerative spin disease, but I am trying to work through it, trying to loose 27 unwanted pounds, and trying to except certain limitations. It's all about change. I use to not have pain when I was on an anti-inflammatory, but my regular doctor didn't want me on them anymore as a side affect from the pills can cause bleeding, and ja don't need that if yer anemic.

Which, now that I've said all that, I am getting around to the point about bringing up the Online Shopping service Available from Kroger. I tried it out tonight, from the comfort of my own living room. It was easy to use as it was linked with my Kroger app I use on my tablet when making a shopping list. I selected the items I wanted, proceeded to check out, pick out a pickup time, and bam... done. I tell you what, it sure cut down on impulse shopping. And, and, up until the midnight before the day of the scheduled pickup, you can still add things to the list, which I did... twice.

I am happy. I hope this goes well. I want to sign my mom up for it as well. I used to shop for her, but my health got to bad. My son does it for her, and his time is precious, and I want to help ease the burden on him. I go tomorrow to get my groceries, and while I am there, I am gunna get my mom a Kroger Plus card and help her get sign up online so she can do her shopping, and all my son had to do is drive up to the pickup area, pay, they load, and go.











No comments: