Translate

Search This Blog

The last weekend of the month

Every since my grand baby Abagail was born, Papa and I had always had the pleasure of her company on the last weekend of the month. We would set that time aside as personal, to relax, catch up on things, and so forth. We would do different things with Abagail, depending on the weather. It might be out on the lake in the boat, a trip to Gatti's, all sorts of things.

With the recent turmoil, our recently evicted tenants, who had temporary custody of Abagail while her parents were proving to the courts that they were getting their lives back together, made it difficult to see Abagail. October of last year was the last time we saw Abagail, and for about 30 minutes.

When Robert and Rebekah got custody of Abagail again, November of last year, I hoped that things would go back to normal and we would get to see Abagail again. That was not to be the case. Apparently, the evictees said things to Rebekah that has her not even want to speak to us. In return, we haven't heard a word from her, and 4 months have gone by without seeing Abagail once...ONCE.

Well, I decided 3 months ago to convert Abagail's room into a computer room, and why not, it was just a room sitting there not getting used. And now, with the last weekend of the month having come and gone, I have decided to take all of Abagails clothes that we have for her, box them up, and take them down to Everything for Kids and see if I can get some money for them. By now, Abagail has outgrown these clothes. And it will free up more room in the computer room.

I am sad to have to do this, but I will not pine away, letting my own daughter use Abagail as a weapon against me by not letting us see the baby. So I am moving on with my life. Hopefully, one day, maybe, my daughter will stop hating us, but until then, we are just going to move on with our lives. Paul and I have our family of Jehovah's people, and that's pretty good in our book.

No comments: