Translate

Search This Blog

Death Changes How One Thinks About Things

On February 8th, at 10 am, in New Zealand, my baby sister, who was 4 years younger than me, passed away due to complications from a Gastric By-pass surgery she had years ago.

I got a call at 6 am that morning from her husband, Brent, that Mary was in the hospital and they were giving her 24 hours to live....WHAT?!?!?!? By 5 pm that night, I got the call that she had passed. It was so short of a time!!!

Turns out her intestines rolled, wrapped around her stomach, cut off the blood, killed the stomach, so there was nothing the doctors could do but stitch her back up, put her on morphine, and then wait...

The hardest part for me will be that she is not there to share things with me any more.

Her death has changed how I feel about stuff. I have no desire to be on Face Book because there are people that are friends with me that are friends with my enemy, and I didn't want my enemy to hear about my sisters death, or my grief. So... I went through my Face Book, and deleted, or UnFriended, all those who might be friends of or family with my enemy. I feel soooooooo much better already.

I have not told any one at the hall about this because I am very private in my grief. I don't like it when I have a problem and somehow, even though my friends are well meaning, they make it all about them. Plus, I don't want to cry. I want to stay strong. So I don't need my well meaning friends coming up to me to comfort me. I cry in the comfort of my own home, with hubby to talk to... and that suits me just fine.

No comments: