Translate

Search This Blog

It Was Worth the Wait - Patience



Hello once again, my beautiful readers... Welcome, Welcome, Welcome back!!!

Life here lately has caused me to be oh so busy... but, today, something happened and I just had ta write about it. It is quite the story, to long for texts and messenger, and to short for a phone call.

OK... Here goes...

Y'all know how I am not a very patient person, aye? Well...

A few weeks ago, I received a letter in the mail from the Commonwealth of Kentucky stating that it was time to renew Medicaid benefits for my mom. Being the procrastinator that I am, I put it off a week. Then this Monday, I was thinking 'Ya better get on it, the window for renewal is June 25, 2017 thru July 15, 2017, and it was already the first of July.' So I settled in with a cup of coffee, my banana and I got on my cell phone and dialed in.

At 9:41 a.m., I send Papa this message:

Not explaining, just complaining: I called the Commonwealth of Kentucky at 8:45 am to get going on mum' Medicaid benefits Renewal Interview, spend over 16 minutes on hold, talk to some lady named Lisa for 10 minutes... and my phone disconnects the call... !!! I call back, spend enough time on hold to hang the clothes out to dry on the clothes rack in the bathroom, finally get a person on the phone only to find out their computers are 'down' and they can't do anything or access any info. They recommend I call back in a couple of hours, but they can't promise the problem will be fixed by then!!!

Then at 12:07 p.m. I sent this message:
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! 😡😡😡
I finally get through to the Commonwealth of Kentucky after being on hold for 13 minutes, then being transferred to another section because I was at the wrong Q and I got disconnected again!!!
And you know they ain't gunna call me back!!!
I may have to wait till town w better signal, I guess!

I was not early enough getting to town to make the call before my Physical Therapy, and the Commonwealth of Kentucky closes at 3:00 p.m. and my therapy ran me past the 3:00 o'clock hour, so with tomorrow, the fourth, being a holiday, I didn't bother to try to call back.

Then this morning, Wednesday, I sent this message to Papa:
I am getting ready to call, and be put on hold, and get disconnected from, the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

So once again, with another cup of coffee and a different banana, I dial up and settle in for another long wait on hold. This time Thirty-two (32) minutes into the call, they inform me yet again that I am at the wrong Q and transfer my call with the 'promise' that I might be on hold some more. MIGHT? Try 1:15 worth of 'might.' In that time, I was able to unload and reload the dishwasher, warm up breakfast.

Dude finally gets on the line and starts asking me the appropriate application questions. There are long periods of silence, so I keep freaking out that my call has been dropped again. But alas, my digital counter on my phone informs me that I am still connected.

Then, about 20 minutes into my call with him dude says:

"Your voice sounds familiar to me."
Well, you should have seen the look on my face! I wish I'da seen the look on my face! My brain was trying to compute how my voice is familiar to him. Because I can be a wee bit outspoken, my second thought was 'boy, I sure hope I didn't do or say anything wrong.'
"Do you have a husband named Paul?" he asked.
"Y.e.s." Now I am freaking out! How does he know my husbands' first name!?
"We met in Evansville," he said.
Evansville...??? The only thing I had done recently at Evansville, Indiana was our three (3) day convention of Jehovah's Witnesses.
"I do apologize sir. I am happy that you remember me, but I'm sorry, I don't remember you."
"That's OK, that's what you said to me when I introduced myself to you to in Evansville," and his voice sounded like he was smiling.
My brain is whirling, but, I've got nothing.
"Yeah, the first time we met, you and your husband came down to Madisonville to help us with our Kingdom Hall construction," he explains.
Still silence on my part. Nothing is coming to mind.
"In Evansville," he continues, "I reminded you of when you were in Madisonville and you took my mom's last piece of Pecan Pie."
"OOOMMMGoodness!!! I remember you now!" I says with a smile and much happiness!!! "Oh and by the way, I can still be tempted with Pecan Pie. What is your name again?"
"Chris."
"Well Chris, this just made it worth the wait I had on the phone! It is so good to hear from you and to talk to you again! Wasn't Evansville awesome?"
"Yes it was."

We finished up the application part, then we ended the call with me telling him that it made my day and it was worth all that time on hold to be able to talk with him...again. He said the same thing.

And really, guys, Jehovah blessed my patience by my having been able to find one of my brothers where I was not expecting to find one. To me, calling the Commonwealth of Kentucky was just another hassle of a phone call I had to make. It turned into fond memories, one over a piece of pecan pie, the other over 3 days of spiritual feeding and association with my loving family of brothers and sisters.

There is a good chance that Chris will never get to see this blog, but if he does, I just want you to know, Chris, that you made me remember, (like I would ever forget) what I am most looking forward to in paradise, and that is when everyone I see will all be Jehovah's people and I will not have to wonder if they are my brother or sister... that and 'no power lines,' I truly hope there are no power lines in paradise. IJS...



















No comments: