Translate

Search This Blog

Blood is Thicker than Water



Hello, hello, hello, my beautiful readers! Welcome back.

Spring is in the air! I can see it, smell it, hear it! Every time I go for my walk, the phone is handy, (1. for taking pix and 2. for tracking my activity) and I am snapping shots of e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g! I can't help it. I am so in love with Jehovah's creation, hence the hashtag, #JehovahsCreationIsAwesome. I may be the only one using it, but it's how I feel!

Sooo, a funny thing happened to me at the doctor visit this morning, well, it's funny to me. With the switching of Insurance Companies, our provider had a new doctor for us, and since papa not be liking my Family Doctor and wanted me to find another, we were like 'OK, we'll try this new doc.' Today's visit was all about establishing a base line of info. To get info, labs need doing. (Yes, I said it that way on purpose.) The appointment was arranged a week ago, and fasting was required this morning. WHAT!?!?!? No coffee!?!?!? Oh sure, that's just fine and dandy if yer a 'black coffee' drinker, which I AM NOT!!! No banana!?!?!? FINE!!!

Now Doc's office is  in CST zone while we are in EST zone. No big deal. Our appointment time is 8:00 a.m. CST 9:00 a.m. EST. Still no big deal. We arrive 15 minutes early to find the office isn't even open yet. No big deal. Once open, we sign in and wait. Starting to be a deal. Then we are called back about 8:20 a.m. Yeah! Doc wants our weight and she asks us to step on the scale. As I'm approaching the scale, she says,
"Let's get you weighed in. It shouldn't have changed much,"
to which I say "It better have had. I went back to Weight Watchers."
It did... down 4.8 pounds!!! Yeah!!!

Let's all go into the little room with the light on. Time to draw blood. Who wants to go first? I do. Up on the table I go. Expose the arm. The 'blood cutt-ie off-ie thing-ie' is on my arm. Slight pinch. NOTHING! Move the needle around some, ouch. NOTHING! Wait... a little. I kid you not, my blood was so thick that it looks slow like syrup oozing into the vial. Let's try the other arm. Repeat above mentioned. NOTHING!!! Wait... a little. Let's try your hand. Repeat above mentioned. NOTHING!!! Wait... a little.

Photo by: Comfreak
at: pixabay
It has been decided that I am dehydrated enough that my blood is so thick it won't hurry and fill the vials needed for testing. Well, they're gunna have ta send me to Hospital for the lab work. In the mean time, doc wants me to increase my water intake. HA! And Chris S. if yer reading this, I know you be laughing. You've been trying to get me to drink water for years! Do you remember the first bottle of water you gave me, all those years ago? For those of you who know me well, I hate, HATE water, unless it is hot and poured over crushed, ground coffee beans, or brewed into a tea. I hate, HATE water, it is the nastiest tasting stuff. So I put the question to you, how do you take your water?

Now, over at Hospital, the gal there was successful. She used a tinier needle and drew it out with a syringe then transferred it to the vials. That means that today's labs resulted in me getting stuck with a needle 4 times. Thank goodness I have some what of a tolerance for pain and am fascinated with watching a needle go into my skin, and love watching the blood flow down the little tube and into the syringe then being vacuum transferred into the vials. Way kool.
Photo: Clker-Free-Vector-Images / 29611 images



Photo Credit: 

PublicDomainPictures / 18043 images













Out of curiosity, I Googled the phrase 'Blood is thicker than Water' and found a couple of things among many to share with y'all... just for fun.

1) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) 31 Famous Quotations You’ve Been Getting Wrong, quote #14


So there ya have it. Make of it what cha will. As for me, I do believe, Yep, blood truly is thicker than water.

Now go out and have a great day! It's beautiful out there!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You really DO hate water! I don't care for it, but, I will drink it. Not as much as I should.
What an experience you had.
Glad it's done ��
Fether